ABOUT

The Bridgewater Historical Society was organized in 1928 by descendants of the first families to settle in the Town. The purpose of the Society is to make the colorful past of the Town as widely know as possible, and to preserve its historical memorabilia. Originally, the archives of the Society were displayed in the basement of the Burnham Library. Later, what is known as the Captain’s house was acquired as a museum. This house was the boyhood home of Captain William D. Burnham, who went to sea at the age of fourteen and eventually became the Captain of a clipper ship, later serving as director and company manager for a major steamship company.
Officers
President - Audrey Wilkicki
Vice President - Eileen Buchheit
Secretary – Laura Shail
Treasurer - Alan Michener
Curator - Marla Blumenstock
 
Board of Trustees
Marla Blumenstock
Eileen Buchheit
Lea Kinstler
Alan Michener
Laura Shail
Joanna Stuart
Edward Terry
Lorraine Vigdor
Audrey Wilkicki

Contact us:

 

Bridgewater Historical Society

48  Main Street South

Bridgewater, CT 06752

 

Bridgewaterhistorical@yahoo.com